If you have some time between now and September 2nd go and see the show at the Rockefeller State Preserve it’s worth the visit.
Alive-in New York: A Growing Invasion
Rockefeller State Park Preserve
Sunday, July 22, 2007 – Sunday, September 02, 2007
Phone: (914) 631-1470
This exhibit addresses the issue of invasive species and the threats they pose. Illustrations of invasive weeds and, where possible, native alternatives will be displayed side by side. The exhibit is targeted to the particular concerns of the Preserve.
• Located in Westchester County on County Route 117 in Tarrytown.
• Taconic Parkway north: Exit County Route 117 Pleasantville. At end of ramp, turn left. Proceed through 3 lights. Preserve entrance will be on the left.
• Taconic Parkway south: Exit NYS Route 100/Route 133 – Millwood/Mt. Kisco west. Turn left at end of ramp/traffic light onto NYS Route 100. Proceed south until NYS Route 100 joins with NYS Route 9A. Follow signs to merge onto NYS Route 9A south. Once on Route NYS 9A south, take 2nd exit – County Route 117/Pleasantville/N. Tarrytown. This is a left side exit. At end of exit ramp, turn right onto County Route 117 west. Preserve entrance is approximately 2 miles on the left.
• NYS Route 9: Proceed to County Route 117 east. Preserve entrance is one mile east on County Route 117 on the right side.
• Please note that separate trailer parking for equestrian use of Preserve is available.
• Public Transportation: Metro-North: Train to Tarrytown Station. Taxi service is available from the station to the Preserve.
Time to register if you haven’t already =)
To register for classes go to the following link to print out the registration form, fill in your information and send it along with your check to Cori. All the information you need is on the form.
My first week of classes begins on Tuesday the 11th of September. Be sure to notice that we begin at 9:15 this year, not at 9:30. Saturday classes will begin at 9:30, the same as last year.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
You will find the new Fall schedule posted at :
registration form at :
There are several changes to the class schedule that Cori and I hope each of you will all find helpful and interesting =)
First the class hours have been changed slightly, morning sessions begin at 9:15am and afternoon sessions begin at 12:30pm. Afternoon classes will be over at 3:30. The Saturday class will still begin at 9:30am.
There are 4 drawing sessions now. Each session is 7 weeks and each session should be completed to move smoothly into the next session. Students that have finished Drawing 1 & 2 can move on to the more advanced Drawing 3 & 4. After completing drawing 1 & 2 you may also begin to take Color Pencil 1 and/or Watercolor 1.
Many of you who want to increase your drawing techniques as well as expand your work towards color should find this new lineup helpful. Cori and I hope that with this new schedule you will find choices that will allow you to expand your botanical experience in a way that suits you best and creates a full experience for each of you.
We are going to offer some great workshops too! Some wonderful visiting instructors will be coming to share their knowledge……each one should be a real treat! =)
Please feel free to email me or Cori with any questions.
Enjoy your summer!